Saturday, October 13, 2007

Vineeta's Wedding (Michigan)





The reason that Elizabeth and I went to Michigan in October was to attend our friend Vineeta's wedding. Vineeta has been my friend for about 17 years. We went to GMI together. She was a year ahead of me and was my big sister in the sorority. She has been a wonderful friend to all of us. I hold her responsible for my kids because she was instrumental in me seeing what a great guy Kirk was. She set us up on our first date and held both Elizabeth and Alex in the hospital on the day they were born!

When she sent me the email to let me know about the wedding, I knew that I couldn't miss it! What a happy occasion to be a part of! She asked Elizabeth to be a flower girl. I knew that Elizabeth would get a lot out if since it was going to be a traditional Indian Hindu wedding celebration.

Indians know how to have a good time! On Thursday, we went to the Henna ceremony. I'm sorry I forgot the Indian name. This was held at her parent's house in Troy. There was a lot of food, music and dancing all while Vineeta was getting her feet, calves, hands and forearms painted. You can see the beautiful detail in the pictures. We met so many wonderful friends of the family who traveled from near and far. We got to meet Rahul's (Vineeta's brother) son Sebastian and Maria. We got to meet Praveen, who is wonderful. Praveen's (Vineeta's fiance) father took a liking to Elizabeth, he is holding her in the pictures.

On Friday, we attended the Sangeet. This is like a bridal shower but everyone attends, men and women. It was just like another wedding reception with lots of food, music, and dancing. We met more people and caught up with Vineeta's friend Malini. Elizabeth loved Malini and always wanted to be around her. Elizabeth passed out in the car on the way home from all the dancing she did.

On Saturday, we attended the wedding. Elizabeth and Vineeta's cousin Diya were the flower girls and both did an outstanding job. You can see the video and how nice they walked down the aisle. Vineeta was stunning! The ceremony was very nice. We also caught up with Chris, Sherry, Maddie, and Olivia House. They are living in the Chicago area now. The girls all had a lot of fun dancing together.

I am so glad we were able to meet so many of Vineeta and Praveen's family and friends. They have a lot of friends who love them very much! Elizabeth and I both had a ball!

No comments: