Saturday, April 25, 2009

Alex's 4th Birthday





I am working backwards on the pictures. I figured I should put these up soon so that we don't lose any time seeing Alex turn 4. I cannot believe how fast this time has gone by!

We asked Alex who he wanted at his birthday. Thank goodness he doesn't have a million friends like Elizabeth that have to be included in everything. He asked for 2 classmates, Andy and Allison, as well as Joey and Matthew Taverna. He also wanted Mama, Daddy, Sissy, and Grammy as he knew we were shoe ins.

Kirk and I made the cake. Again, staying up way past midnight to finish it up, we constructed a car. Alex loves Transformers, and we had just been to the Shanghai Auto show and saw the yellow "Bumblebee" Chevy Camaro. My friend, Missy Mama, let me borrow her Wilton's cake deco kit again and the colors turned out great.

The kids came over around noon and they played with Alex's toys, ate pizza, fruit and cake. After cake, they played some traditional games like musical chairs and pop the balloon. Alex really understood Birthdays and Parties this year and he's had a big smile on his face ever since.

No comments: