Friday, March 28, 2008

Caved in and Bought the Kids Play Dough


It was a rainy day, so we took the kids to Hongqiao to a place called Kidstown. This is a play place for kids set up like a miniature city with a market, a house, a beauty salon, firehouse, etc... Alex loved it because they had lot of cars, including his police car. Elizabeth had a lot of fun pretending that she was my hairdresser. I had to physically drag Alex out after 2 hours. Even the promise of ice cream didn't help!

We did follow through on the promise. There is a Coldstone Creamery right next door and it was GOOD!

After ice cream, Kirk wanted to go to the Hongqiao Pearl Market where they have a fake market as well to buy a new wallet. I had to go buy jewelry for an outfit so Kirk took them for 10 minutes to give me some free time. A big rule was broken in that 10 minutes. No, not the "not using bribery to get kids to behave" rule, we don't have that. The "no buying Playdoh" rule was broken. I hate the smell of that stuff and it always ends up ground into the furniture! However, it was a big hit and entertains the kids for a long time. So I guess we'll have to keep it around more.

No comments: