Tuesday, September 11, 2007

1st day in India

Okay, I feel better knowing that Kirk is handling everything on his own. Elizabeth and I were pretty weepy when I left.

So now I'm staying in Delhi, India. The Delphi office is in a town called Gurgaon. It is a growing industrial area.

You cannot believe this place. It reminds me a lot of China, specifically Wuhan, 8 years ago. A lot of bikes and no separation between the bike lanes and car lanes. Traffic is crazy. Except in China there are no cows walking in the street. People told me this, but you cannot believe it until you see it.

We were busy today visiting with suppliers and meeting the India team. They are all very hospitable and proud of their organizations.

I'm excited to be here. The food is great. I had my favorite, chana masala, today and learned a lot about it's origin in Northern India.

Long days this week, but I'll try to write again.

No comments: