Friday, October 20, 2006

Sick kids

Rough week this week. We started out with a Goose Egg on Elizabeth's head on Sunday at the park. Then on Monday, I had to pick her up from school because she threw up. I thought it was just a side effect from the goose egg. Then Monday night she woke up with a 102. 3 F fever. I took her to the doctor the next day and he found that she had Strep Throat. Nice. And of course, guess who was at the doctor the next day......Di Di. Alex had a side effect of the infection too, Scarlet Fever.

It's Friday. We made it through the week. The kids are better, Kirk and I are still healthy. I think I'm still healthy because I made and ate Gigi's chicken soup. Kirk is just not around enough to catch it. Shou Ju caught it and went home sick today.

We went to a pub called the Flying Fox for dinner. They have an outdoor play area and good fish and chips. Then after, we finished with Haggen Daz. Great ice cream. Maybe it's just because it's been a few weeks since we've had ice cream.

We got our air shipment this week. It had been a month since it was packed. We really now understand how much junk we have and how you don't need that much to survive on!

3 comments:

Bob and Connie said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe Lizzy's goose egg! Grammy had a goose egg and shiner just like that when I was a little girl. Uncle Rog through a bat (accidentaly, he claims!) and I was in the way. My mom and dad gave me ice cream too! I am glad it feels better. I hope next week is better healthwise for my sweeties! Love you all, Grammy

Chrystal & Kevin said...

Wow that goose egg looks painful! Ouch.... Ethan's been sick this week too, so I can hear your pain. Hope next week is better for both of us.

Slivinski Family Blog said...

It sounds like everyone is going through a rough time. We all have been sick here too! Hope you have a great week...although I guess anything is better than last week!